But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The first post (Hopefully not the last!)

This is the first post I have ever put on a blog. I have been using the net for years and decided it was time to put something back in!
My life, at the moment, revolves around poker. I am a reasonable player ~(I have not had to deposit into my poker accounts for some months now) and am hoping to become an even better player in the future. I am a keen reader and occasional poster on the poker academy and would recommend it to any would be poker players out there along with the following advice:-

Do not start a tournament if you do not have time to finish it. Patience and hand selection are the most important virtues if you want to win at poker.

Aggression, whilst very useful to the experienced player will cost you a lot when you first begin.

Aggressive players tend to win a lot of small pots. Let them. Aim to win only a few, large, pots. You may be surprised to find that you have more chips than the aggressive player (especially if they do not know when to dog a hand*)

Remember that although it is important not to be bullied off your premium hands, there is also a time to dog them. Remember the calculation is all about profit/loss. What do you think you will gain against what you think you could lose. If you are in a comfortable chip position and the big chip leader throws in a big raise do you really want to risk all you chips hoping your As Kd** will hold up?


* folding a hand
**Ace of Spades and King of Diamonds

If people would like I will do a handy English - Poker translator on a future post.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Defman said...

Well if you think that a Rock may dog the dead mans hand if the flop isn't rainbow in case his opponent sucks out on him then you probably don't need the translator.

If you think that I just created that post using a random word generator then it could be just the thing for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home