But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Midnight, One more night without sleeping!

Last night, or to be accurate this morning, I played in the PokerPlasm $50 freeroll. It was a very enjoyable tournament and I think that was shown by the fact that even after they had gone out and even though it was very late (for those of us on this side of the Atlantic) most if not all of the players watched the game to the end and joined in the chat. It was one of the most fiercely contested tournaments I have ever played in. You know they say "If you can't spot the sucker at the table after half an hour it's you"? Well after an hour of play and only one player down I was beginning to suspect it WAS me! Truth of the matter is I don't think that there was a sucker at that table and whoever won it was going to have to climb over a lot of very good players.

I went out in fourth. I was a bit upset about this as it meant I was on the bubble and not in it (last place not paid). I'd like to thank Zonetrap for organising the tourney and say well done on his placing (At least I think it was him; there are at least three different identities for him that I know about or suspect).

This brings me on nicely to the subject of tournament success. Although I only finished fourth last night at the PP tourney, I played two this morning winning one and placing second in the other. My advice to you would be hand selection, it's all a question of hand selection. More people go out of tournaments playing weak aces early on than get blinded out as the blinds get big. A lot of people start playing scared on the second hand! "Oooh, I had better build my stack up now before the blinds get too big" This is, needless to say, completely insane. For every tournament you hit your cards in, there will be five or six where you go out in the first ten minutes. Pick your spot. Play good cards and (in the long run) good things will happen for you.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Defman said...

Great! I look forward to it.

Oh and are you the fourth incarnation of Zonetrap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home