But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Monday, January 30, 2006

More bad beats than Tina Turner!

I played in the Poker Academy $10 Tournament on Sunday evening and I would like to thank Satan (His nickname not the Lord of Darkness) for arranging it. It was a very good game and the level of poker was as high as the level of banter! Darkplay managed a new record of having his machine crash every 6-7 minutes. I don't know how he has managed to get a machine that is about as stable as Groundskimmer* but somehow he has achieved it.

Another thing the game delivered was (as the title of this post suggests) some pretty brutal bad beats. Some I delivered, some I received. My game was all but finished when I played an all in from ajdragonfly. She turned over pocket Queens and I thought I was on the way to a chip lead with my pocket Kings. Of course the Queen came down and my comfortable stack became about the size of two big blinds.

I would like to say that I took my beats with grace and decorum and, as far as the other players were concerned I did. It is just as well they could not hear what I was saying to the computer or I would have been hit with a series of "f-bombs" that I would still be serving when I have retired! (I would also like to apologise to aj for all the things I called her when that Queen came down (out loud, not typed into the chat window). I didn't mean any of it and am sorry.)

*For more information on Groundskimmer see The Jesters Tale (follow the link on the right).

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Defman said...

No, no apology needed, it was the right play. As I said in my post I was on the right end of a couple of bad beats but when you win with a hand that should have been crushed you just smile and think "Oh well, that was nice" It is when you lose you talk about it for weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home