But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Gutted and cleaned out at the Gutshot

I played the £5 unlimited re-buy (for the first hour) tournement at the Gutshop Club last night and it was not, I have to say an unmitigated sucess for me! I made it to the first break in good condition having not had to re-buy into the event. I was on a tough table with Ash and Ghandi as well as two fairly new players who both made the money. This table turned into a mincing machine with nine players brought to the table and then taken out of the tourney within ten minutes of the restart! I was taken out when my KJ was called by a maniac with nothing who hit his card (a 4 I think) on the turn. I moved onto a cash game and was doing okay until I got pocket Aces. The flop came K 7 4 rainbow and when the pot was raised big by my opponent (who had been continuation betting all night) I went all in. He turned over a King and I felt in pretty good shape, that was, until the King came down on the turn. The final outcome? Despite being fairly happy with my play I was murdered.


Poker is a harsh mistress and last night I was well and truly spanked

On a more positive note, Darkplay who I went with finished in the money in 10th position. This is a great result and I take my hat off to him!

(some of this post has appeared on the Poker Academy boards)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home