But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Monday, February 06, 2006

We’re not worthy

At last the recognition that I so richly deserve! I have joined the few, the elite, the blogs with a link on the Jesters tale. I would like to thank the (Poker) Academy for making this honour possible. I would like to thank the Jester for this great vote of confidence and I would like to thank Darkplay for messing about until I laughed milk out of my nose!

On a more poker related note, I have been having mixed luck on the tables this week. Early losses at the Gutshot and on sit and go tournaments turned into losses on the ring games. This did not bode well. Despite my great play I was hit with inside straight after inside straight to knock over the stacks I had worked so hard to accrue. Despite these hits I know I have been playing good poker. I never lost heart and have on this evening returned to winning ways. Halleluiah!

When things are not going well for you it is important for you not to push to try to win back your losses. This is called chasing your losses and the name for people who do this is Bankrupts. You have to play each hand as if it is the first you have ever played (not going all in with 7 3 off suit, just not dwelling on earlier losses). If you do this (and remember you are only playing good cards (see my earlier post “The last post”), then you will have success. People will like you, your acne will clear up, girls will be throwing themselves at your feet and will have me to thank for your success.

Isn’t life grand?

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Defman said...

Nah, you're only a moral bankrupt! Have you signed up for Zonetrap's freeroll yet?

Gotta be worth a punt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home