But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Free Money!

At last I have made the cash in a poker academy/pokerplasm freeroll. I came in in third position for a mighty $10 (about £5.72) and I would like to thank the pokerplasm guys for organising this event. My earlier results in these events have been rocky, but after busting out first on my first attempt (my pocket Kings (first hand) did not hold up), I have been slowly improving.

I know that $10 is not a lot of money, although as I did not have to risk a stake it is a great return! I am happier and more satisfied with it than at almost any other time I have made the bubble (I think the only rival to this was the very first time I made the money in a tourney). The reason for this is simple. Normally in a 20 or so seater tourney there are 12-15 fish* and you just have to be patient, pick your spot and fleece them. In the poker academy/pokerplasm games there tends to be 15-18 really good players and maybe 1 or 2 fish if you are lucky. It is the difference between finishing third in your Sunday league tournament and finishing third in league two (I accept that there is still a world of difference between this and the premiership of the WSOP).

Any way you look at it I am going to have a smile on my face all day thanks to last nights result.

*poor players (called fish because they throw their chips at you. Groan)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home