But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Multi Table Mayhem!

Having had a hectic few weeks when I have not had time to play poker, I decided to use my day off in a productive manner and have been playing as much poker as I could. I have played a couple of SNG’s and had made the money in them both. Having come third in an eighteen seat tourney I was feeling confident and when a freeroll appeared I thought “What the hell I may as well give it a crack!” and registered. I had noticed that it was Limit Stud Hi/Lo but I was thinking that as it was a freeroll I literally had nothing to lose. This I now admit was a mistake. I would advise any normal person to avoid playing multiple tables of different disciplines as it is very difficult to get your head around what to do when a window appears and you only have a few seconds not only to decide whether to call a raise in early position but also to remember if As 2d Kc is worth playing in this format of poker (it usually is unless the raise is massive).

After half an hour of this I was down to about half two thirds of my stack (not good in a thousand plus player tourney) in the Stud game but I was also down to about half my stack in a SNG at NL Hold’em and this one I had paid to enter! I made a simple decision and dumped all my chips in the freeroll off to the player who had been most friendly when I joined the table (I know this is not really fair on the other players but as I was leaving the tourney my chips had to go somewhere). Back to playing one discipline I picked up my game and finished third in the NL Hold’em tourney (this is beginning to become my standard position in eighteen seat tourneys) I may not be quite back to winning ways yet but at least I am making money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home