But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

All in, All in, All in, it must be a freeroll!

I decided to play in a freeroll this evening. Pokerstars had one (with about 8000 players) and I decided to give that a go. On the first table I was at, one player went all in six times in a row. When someone finally called them (I could not call a cab with the cheese I was getting) they had 8s 6h and they went out soon after. My stack went up and down, and I was comfortable when a player on my new table decided to do the all in routine. On his/her fourth consecutive all in I had Ad Jd and decided to give it a go. They turned over pocket queens and my tourney was over. I know I should have waited (the very fact that I am writing this and not playing in the tourney is proof of that) and if I had had to pay to enter then maybe I would have been more disciplined but as it was I suffered from the most unforgiving error you can make in poker, bad timing. It is vital. What would have been a superb steal worthy of a world champion becomes a rather embarrassing exit from a tourney because your opponent had the one hand that they could call you with and there is no worse felling than, when asked how you went out of a tourney, you have to reply “Going all in with Q 6 off suit”.

So here is my challenge to you all, tell me your most embarrassing moment (It does not have to have been at a poker table (come on people, try to be a bit creative here!)) and I will award a virtual prize to the best of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home