But it was suited!

This is the Blog of the Defman (This is just a nickname, I am not deaf) It will chart my life and thoughts (a scary concept to anyone who knows me!) and will hopefully make your life just a little bit better.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

First post for a while

As the title suggests, this is the first post I have put up for a while (a little over two months) so what has been happening to me in that time? Well I made the tournament of champions in the PokerPlasm Olympics and finished a creditable second behind IBGPN.

In ring games my luck ran very cold for a little while. For about three weeks every time I picked up good cards and hit the flop, someone had picked up a better hand. I lost with straights to flushes (picked up on the river so often I felt convinced the servers hated me!) trips to straights and full boats to bigger full boats. It all seemed to reach a climax when playing on Party Poker and I went all in with the best possible full house and felt sure I was winning only for my opponent to turn over quad nines! I had still not had to deposit any money (since about November last year) but I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to reach into my own pocket to play. Fortunately after this nadir things started to pick up and my good hands started to stand up again. Not in every case of course but enough of the time for me to start picking up again and the prospect of having to deposit money has become a distant fear once more.

I have also found a new forum for my madness! If you want something a little bit different you could do a lot worse than looking at www.sherbertdip.co.uk.

Anyway enough for now. I am planning to keep on posting so keep watching. Good luck and see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home